Monday, September 8, 2008

Affectionately, Theo

So Clay turned 6 on Aug 30th. How did he chose to celebrate the day I brought him into this world? Like any other red blooded American 6 year old boy would....with Star Wars! I think it was Star Wars the Clone Wars, but don't quote me on that. We had the entire theater to ourselves, the kids thought that was great. Derek and I took it as a bad sign. So I tried watching the movie through a six year old little boy's eyes. The best I could come up with was a six old little girl's eyes. Clay actually invited one little 6 year old girl to his party. I asked her how she liked the movie, she gave a little smile and said "I liked the popcorn". Couldn't have said it better myself! So I got a few pics of the kids striking their best Star Wars pose, (notice the one and only little girl, she's eating popcorn, hehehe) and proof that we did indeed have the the entire theater to ourselves.

After the movie we headed to the arcade where all the kids turned into greedy little ticket mongers. Only going after the easy win big pay off games. I had to laugh at the reaction when one of the machines would pay out. You would think they had won the Jackpot in Vegas. They would get so excited. Only to have their excitement dashed when they went to cash in there loot and find out 5000 tickets would get you an eraser or a tootsie roll. I actually heard one of the kids say as the girl handed him his prize of choice "What the heck"? But when all was said and done and I asked Clay, (Theo, as his father affectionately calls him) what his favorite part of his birthday was, he said, "Do I have to pick just one"?

Gaige and Clay at one of the Big Money No Whammy games. Notice the wad of tickets in Gaige's hand. Seriously that kid's greed knows no bounds. Grady below, also showing off his hard earned stash. And by hard, I mean pushing a button. Happy Day of your Birth Theo. Love ya little buddy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lawrence Clan said...

So funny! My kids love it when they get those tickets also. Glad he had a great B-day!

Jenie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Funny, I forgot our two boys are the same age. Where have I been?