Sunday, September 21, 2008

A New Spin


This weekend was my Alma-mater, Sugar-Salem High School's Homecoming. A few weeks prior to this event, my niece who is a senior was complaining about the last school dance pictures. They were taken in front of a green screen and when they got the pictures back she said it looked liked they were floating. So I said " get a group together and we'll snap some shots ." So here are a few of my favorite shots of the night. Umbrella, you ask? It was raining, if you look close you can see the drops on the bottom of her dress.



Can you believe this dress! When she got out of the car I nearly jumped for joy, I could not have picked a better color if I had tried!
Not to mention she was a dream to photograph. I love this picture, it reminds of an old movie. She looks like she waiting for a boat to come pick her up and take her to her country estate. (Ok, I know that sounds cheesey, but I can't help it)


This is my nephew Chris (doesn't he look handsome) and his date Jamie. I have been collecting vintage things here and there, and I think they all came together in this shoot. The umbrella is a vintage find from ebay and the suitcases are from two different antique shops

This is my GORGEOUS niece Jordyn! I love this picture it was nearly dark when her group got there. A wardrobe malfunction that was solved by offering a quick prayer, made them a little late. But after proofing this shot I didn't mind. The contrast between the dress and the water and the sky, (insert sigh). Fun Fun night and because it was to dark to really get some great shoots of Jordyn's group we will be doing this again saturday night. I can't wait!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kimberly Hill said...

Tracie, I'm sorry but you lost me on "HOW THE HECK DID YOU TAKE THOSE PICTURES?" Sorry, I just had to get that out because they don't look real. Camera? or Photoshop?, zoom lense? or "Kim, you may need to take a class or two."
I love them, Holy cow, WOW,

KIm

Unknown said...

trace, beautiful pics. Those girls are VERY cute! you've got skills lady!

Tracie said...

Kim,
A little of both. Camera and Photoshop. I used the lense that came with the camera. I Am learning a lot about Photoshop and love what it adds to the pics.
Thanks for your sweet words.
Much Love
Tracie

Lawrence Clan said...

Gorgious pictures & dresses... You did an awesome job. They look like something you would see in a magazine, great job! Thanks for the b-day wishes:)

natalie Simmons said...

Tracie all I can say is WOW!!!very impressive, remind me to hire you if I EVER get married. You are so talented, makes me want to take a class or do something fun.

lOveS
Natalie

Karri said...

Tracie- I love those pictures, You do an awesome job! might have to have you take some family pictures,